We started San Francisco Village - in 2009 - with a vision: to enrich the experience of aging in San Francisco, with a membership that reflects the diversity of the city we love.
San Francisco Village is a non-profit, membership organization that connects older San Franciscans to the community, expertise and programming they need to continue living lives of purpose and promise. SF Village members benefit from a variety of services and connections:
- We confer with experts on aging, whose practical advice about health, wellness, financial concerns, home safety and more provide the roadmaps we need for the transitions ahead.
- Our network of volunteers helps members accomplish their goals. We offer help around the house, a ride to the doctor or grocery store, someone to walk the dog, a check-in phone call or visit—the list is long. And our small Neighborhood Circles connect you to members in your own neighborhood for everything from friendship to emergency assistance.
- We provide pre-screened referrals for services—some at reduced prices—when volunteers aren’t available. Need a home healthcare provider? A plumber? An attorney? A handy man? A gardener? Pick up the phone.
- We keep our bodies and brains humming with panel discussions, talks on many valuable topics, outings and activities. What would you like to learn or do? We are limited only by our imaginations.
- We also know how to have fun! We get together for member-led groups of all kinds: play-reading and book groups, lunch and movie groups and private docent tours of museums. Many a friendship has been forged over a Caesar salad, a bestseller or a grandchild’s photo.
Increase the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual well-being of adults who choose to live in their own homes as they age so they can remain independent, active, and engaged in the San Francisco community.
About the Village Movement
San Francisco Village is part of the national Village Movement. The Village-to-Village Network (vtvnetwork.org), a non-profit organization funded by Capital Impact Partners, supports our mission with services and advice, and provides the glue that connects us to other Villages across the United States. Currently there are 205 active villages across the country, with 150 more in development.
San Francisco Village helps members stay connected to their communities through multi-generational networks of support.